Learn tips and the main challenges of participatory management
Participatory management allows employees to contribute with ideas and suggestions relevant to the improvement of work processes. This is a way of awakening the desire to seek challenges and consider different opinions. However, not all companies are ready to implement participatory management. To the personnel management specialist Sabrina Espíndola, coach and co-founder of Realize human development, the first change is to listen to what customers, employees, partners and suppliers have to say about your business and your customer service. To then deploy improvements that bring solutions and innovations to the company, for example satisfaction and organizational climate.
"Seek to integrate employees communicating enterprise strategies and relevant information that impact the business. Invest in projects that affect relationships and deliveries search enter employees for suggestions with this public point of view, as implementation of code of ethics and conduct and performance management, bringing more personalized solutions to the public like this, "says Sabrina Espíndola.
According to Erika Suzuki, a member of the Division of Management and controlling of the Crowe Horwath, it is important to make clear the goals all of the team, coaching staff, giving feedback, setting goals and collecting results.
"It is necessary to work with the structure of the team and with clear and objective communication, leaving aside the existence of hierarchy in moments of dialogue with employees. Everyone needs to have the knowledge that there is room for receipt of new proposals, ideas and criticism, "says Erika Suzuki.
Management models and their differences
Here on the blog, we talked about some management models and how they work in corporations, to be easy to understand, below we list the main management models and their differences:
3.0 management: is a new model that started initially from the book Management 3.0, author: APPELO, JURGEN. The Management 3.0 is a movement of innovation, leadership and management. Is redefining the concept of leadership and the management as a group responsibility. It's about working together to find the most efficient way to meet your business objectives while maintaining the happiness of workers as a priority.
Participatory management: part of the principle of listening to all stakeholders. Understand what each one thinks listening to opinion for more effective decision making for business. Is a template already widely used in Brazil and has brought good results. "I've participated in some deployments of personnel management projects using this template that brought much more engagement of employees and teams to improve the company's results, why they were making an integral and valued," says Sabrina Espíndola.
Traditional management: is that more prioritised manner which only gives relevance to the high management thinks. Generally believe that the amount of hours worked is very important and demonstrates commitment. The profile of the leadership is more authoritarian the famous "boss who can and do who has judgment".
"Companies that still practice this type of management, are wasting their talents. The most qualified professionals not admit more being treated with contempt and options for working in a place that brings personal and professional development and to feel happy and valued. Currently, the value of the quality of life is growing, people want to live in that moment. Thinking on happiness only when you retire is getting in disuse. Especially the new generation wants to be happy now, seeking for a professional purpose and not just obey, perform tasks and worry about paying the Bills at the end of the month, "concludes Espíndola.
Tips to implement participatory management
- The leader must be a good Communicator and a good example.
- Clarity: pass with clarity what do you expect from the team and align the delivery deadline.
- Check understanding: check if it was understood the request. Doing the following question: what do you understand that? (some problems and errors appear not to understand the demand).
- Feedback: show with facts and data which is the perception they have about the developer's delivery and assertively, polite and as soon as possible so as not to fall by the wayside.
- Coherence: have the speech as close as possible to the practice, be fair decisions and keep it.
The main challenges of participatory management
- Support from upper management to deploy the management participated. Making you understand the importance of this model so that developers have pride of belonging to the company and so deliver better results.
- Assertive communication for culture change and extend the disclosure of the mission, vision and values of the company.
- Show employees the importance of their contribution to the final result, having him as a responsible for their delivery and the development of his career.
- Have prepared leaders who know how to encourage, give positive feedback and constructive.
- Encourage teamwork to search together for solutions and solve problems.
- Promote the pride of belonging to the company seeking to understand the needs of employees. Doing what you can to practice quality of life, organizational climate, career and remuneration.
- Take participation in important projects.
- Be remunerated according to the practice of your market.
Sabrina Espíndola-management expert, coach and co-founder of Realize human development. An MBA in human resource management, Universidade Veiga de Almeida/RJ. Bachelor of law, Matias-Mackienze Rio/RJ. Professional Self Coaching Global certified & Coaching Community (GCC), the European Coaching Association (ECA), Brasilian Coaching Institute (IBC) and International Association of Coaching (IAC). Leader Coach training with Global Behavorial titration Coaching Institute (BCI). Qualified to apply Behavioral Analyst tools, Assessment, Coaching and evaluation 306. Specializing in Career coaching, Executive and leadership. Working in the area of Human Resources with personal and organizational development, with Team Building, Development programs (Talent, young apprentice; PCD's and leadership), performance management (skills and goals), Specific Skills mapping, internal marketing and recruitment and selection.